- December ~ The Men of the Tay will entertain us with their choral talents.
- January ~ Heather Perkins-McVey will speak to us on certain legal aspects relevant to us as seniors.
- February ~ John McKenty will tell us about the James Brothers and their part in Perth history, and it is expected that he will have copies of his new book on the subject available at the meeting;
- March ~ still to be arranged.
- April ~ our own Rudi Lepp will speak on nuclear energy and its possible role in our future;
- May ~ still to be arranged.
- June ~ Marking the 65th anniversary of D-Day, the Allied Invasion of Europe, Peter Craske will talk about his experiences flying with the RAF in support of the D Day Landings.
We have probable speakers lined up for March and May, but the details remain to be firmed up. If you have suggestions for either topics or speakers, please pass them to Ian Doig (264-2707) or Glen Pettinger (264-9747)
Friday, December 12: Annual Christmas Dinner at the Golf Club! What a great way to begin the Christmas Season! It is not too late to sign up with Denise. The cost is $80 per couple and it starts with cocktails at 6:00 and dinner at 7:00.
April ?, 2009 ~ Keith is planning a trip to the RCAF Museum in Trenton, but details are not yet firmed up.
May 27, 2009 is the date chosen for our outing to the Gananoque Playhouse, to see the show, "Forever Plaid".
June 15, 2009 ~ Golf Tournament to be organized again by Glen Pettinger.
Members of other Probus Clubs are welcome to join our special events. If you have ideas for new events or trips, please talk to Denise Mullins (613-267-3479). Note: For all trips, the bus leaves from the Legion.
Probus Perth website: www.probusperth.ca
Management Team Notes
This month's Management Meeting was held on Monday, 10 November. Items announced included:
"Spring Fling 09", the regional get-together, will be hosted by the Alta Vista Club at the Hellenic Centre on Alta Vista Drive on May 26, with lunch being served at 11:30. Cost will be $28 each. The Perth Club will host the event in 2012.
The membership report reveals that whilst we have 147 people on the current rolls, as yet only 119 have paid up. We will contact the members who may have forgotten that their membership is now due.
Keith has taken responsibility for securing the Club's equipment, and the Club proposes to make a small contribution to the Legion for the storage space they provide.
Ernie welcomes new members (from left) Nancy Pettinger,
Patricia Patterson, Paul & Sheila Lattin, Barb & Carl Whitehouse, Carole Callan
The Final Word
If you have internet capability, but still receive the Probian by mail, please consider converting to the website version instead. Not only would this be more environmentally friendly, but you will also be able to see pictures in living colour. We will commit to letting you know via email when the latest Probian is available for viewing. Please let us know (email@example.com) if you change your email address so that you do not miss receiving any Probus news.
This month's Probian was written by Ian Doig. If you would like to join the Probian Team or contribute a short vignette for the newsletter, please contact Colin at firstname.lastname@example.org.