The Special Activities that take place throughout the year are the herbs and spices of the Probus Perth menu. They add zest to the program and help to bring members together in pursuit of common interests and friendship.
We have been exceptionally fortunate to have had such interesting activities over the years.
For all events, priority is given to members and their guests. If there is room, members of other Probus Clubs are welcome to attend. For some events there may be minimum numbers of people required to proceed and there is usually a charge, payable in advance. The advance payments are normally reimbursed in full if the members are unable to attend or the activity does not proceed, unless a non-refundable deposit has to be paid to reserve the event. The club attempts to break even on all special activities.
Future Special Activities
- November 2, 2017 ~ Dinner / Theatre Event ~ Take a trip d own memory lane with the
Marvellous Wonderettes at Studio Theatre. This is a fundraiser for YAK. Tickets $30. Dinner at Michael’s Table at 5 pm Thursday, Nov. 2. Showtime 7:30 pm at Studio Theatre.
- December 14, 2017 ~ The Christmas Dinner/Dance will be held at the Lions Hall starting at 5:30 pm. Features glazed ham dinner and the return of “Touch of Class” (Simon Clark, ex-“Freddie and the Dreamers”). This is a repeat performance by popular request. Information and tickets will be available at the November meeting. Cost: $36/person.
- January 20, 2018 ~ Robbie Burns Dinner/Dance: Plan to be at this event at the Legion on Jan 20, 2018. Details to follow.
Recent Previously Enjoyed Special Events
- September 30, 2017 ~ Fall Trip to Oktoberfest in Ladysmith, Quebec – Transportation and Admission- $50 each. Bus left The Factory Parking Lot on Sunset Blvd at 7:30 AM and returned at approximately 8:00 PM. Check out
www.ladysmithoktoberfest.ca/ for more details.
- June 7, 2017 ~ Lunch at the Legion following the Probus meeting. The cost was $10, with a choice of lasagna and Caesar salad or wraps and veggies, dessert and tea/coffee.
- May 31, 2017 – “BOOM” – the explosive story of a generation shaped by the Baby Boom generation from 1945-1969, at the 1000 Island Playhouse”, 185 South Street in Gananoque. Lunch at the Old English Pub, 124 King St. East, Ganonoque, at 12 pm. Theatre tickets distributed then. Those not attending lunch should meet Mary Kilgour in the lobby of the Playhouse at 2 pm to receive your tickets. Map
- May 9, 2017 ~ Probus Club of Western Ottawa's Spring Fling in Kempville ~ see http://www.probuswesternottawa.ca/springfling/ for further details
- April 27, 2017 -
Tour of Top Shelf Distillers - 14 Warren Cres. Perth (Industrial Park- Rogers Rd. down past the Firehall). This tour, started at 1:30pm, with information and free tasting.
- March 30, 2017 - Dinner/Theatre at Studio Theatre- “Wrong For Each Other” by Norm Foster. Dinner at
Maximillians at 5:00 PM followed by the theatre at 7:30.
- January 21, 2017 - Robbie Burns Dinner & Dance at the Perth Legion.
- January 4, 2017 - Lunch at the Legion after the meeting to start
the new year off. Lunch of Lasagna and Caesar Salad OR Wraps with veggies, dessert tea & coffee,
all at a cost of $10 per person.
For a complete list of Special Events from the club's inception in 1996 to 2016, please click here.