The Special Activities that take place throughout the year are the herbs and spices of the Probus Perth menu. They add zest to the program and help to bring members together in pursuit of common interests and friendship.
We have been exceptionally fortunate to have had such interesting activities over the years.
For all events, priority is given to members and their guests. If there is room, members of other Probus Clubs are welcome to attend. For some events there may be minimum numbers of people required to proceed and there is usually a charge, payable in advance. The advance payments are normally reimbursed in full if the members are unable to attend or the activity does not proceed, unless a non-refundable deposit has to be paid to reserve the event. The club attempts to break even on all special activities.
Future Special Activities
- January 20, 2018 ~ Robbie Burns Dinner/Dance: The Legion will be hosting this event. The cost remains at $30/person. Tickets will be on sale at our December and January meetings. Final number have to be confirmed one week before the event.
- March 16, 2018 ~ Dinner/Movie Night: Dinner at 5 at the Stone Cellar followed by the movie “Murder on the Orient Express” at the Studio Theatre at 7:30. Movie Tickets are $10 at the door. Sign up at the March meeting.
- April 10, 2018 ~ OMYA Visit: visit the OMYA
pits at Tatlock. The bus will leave the Lanark Landing Restaurant parking lot in Lanark Village at 10 am. Lunch at the Lanark Landing Restaurant. For those interested there will be an afternoon visit to the OMYA plant on Highway 7. Sign up at the March and April meetings. Cost for the bus is $5/person, payable when you sign up.
- May 24, 2018 ~ Dinner/Theatre Event: Dinner and the musical “Sister Act” at the Studio Theatre
~ details to follow
- June 27, 2018 ~ The annual trip to the 1000 Islands
Playhouse, Ganaonque to see the “Buddy Holly Story”, with lunch before
the show . Sign up starting at the May meeting.
- September - October ~ the annual fall trip ~ details to follow
- December ~ the annual Christmas Party ~ details to follow
Recent Previously Enjoyed Special Events
- January 3, 2018 ~ The Legion Ladies prepared a special lunch after the January meeting. Tickets purchased at the December meeting, to confirm the numbers attending. Cost: $10 (lasagna with Caesar salad or wraps with vegetables, dessert, coffee and tea).
- December 14, 2017 ~ The Christmas Dinner/Dance was held at the Lions Hall starting at 5:30 pm. Featured glazed ham dinner and the return of “Touch of Class” (Simon Clark, ex-“Freddie and the Dreamers”). This was a repeat performance by popular request.
Cost $36/person. Questions? Contact Gail Read
email@example.com or 613-464-3063.
Featuring a “Farewell to Canada’s 150th” gift exchange at this event.
Participants were invited to use their imagination in exchanging a gift that is made in Canada or would be considered Canadian memorabilia. It’s the thought not the price that counts!!!
- November 2, 2017 ~ Dinner / Theatre Event ~ Take a trip down memory lane with the
Marvellous Wonderettes at Studio Theatre. This was a fundraiser for YAK. Tickets $30. Dinner at Michael’s Table at 5 pm Thursday, Nov. 2. Showtime 7:30 pm at Studio Theatre.
- September 30, 2017 ~ Fall Trip to Oktoberfest in Ladysmith, Quebec – Transportation and Admission- $50 each. Bus left The Factory Parking Lot on Sunset Blvd at 7:30 AM and returned at approximately 8:00 PM. Check out
www.ladysmithoktoberfest.ca/ for more details.
- June 7, 2017 ~ Lunch at the Legion following the Probus meeting. The cost was $10, with a choice of lasagna and Caesar salad or wraps and veggies, dessert and tea/coffee.
- May 31, 2017 – “BOOM” – the explosive story of a generation shaped by the Baby Boom generation from 1945-1969, at the 1000 Island Playhouse”, 185 South Street in Gananoque. Lunch at the Old English Pub, 124 King St. East, Ganonoque, at 12 pm. Theatre tickets distributed then. Those not attending lunch should meet Mary Kilgour in the lobby of the Playhouse at 2 pm to receive your tickets. Map
- May 9, 2017 ~ Probus Club of Western Ottawa's Spring Fling in Kempville ~ see http://www.probuswesternottawa.ca/springfling/ for further details
- April 27, 2017 -
Tour of Top Shelf Distillers - 14 Warren Cres. Perth (Industrial Park- Rogers Rd. down past the Firehall). This tour, started at 1:30pm, with information and free tasting.
- March 30, 2017 - Dinner/Theatre at Studio Theatre- “Wrong For Each Other” by Norm Foster. Dinner at
Maximillians at 5:00 PM followed by the theatre at 7:30.
- January 21, 2017 - Robbie Burns Dinner & Dance at the Perth Legion.
- January 4, 2017 - Lunch at the Legion after the meeting to start
the new year off. Lunch of Lasagna and Caesar Salad OR Wraps with veggies, dessert tea & coffee,
all at a cost of $10 per person.
For a complete list of Special Events from the club's inception in 1996 to 2016, please click here.