Social Events / Activities
The Social Events and Activities that take place throughout the year are the herbs and spices of the Probus Perth menu. They add zest to the program and help to bring members together
in pursuit of common interests and friendship.
We have been exceptionally fortunate to have had such interesting activities over the years.
For all events, priority is given to members and their guests. If there is room, members of other Probus Clubs are welcome to attend. For some events there may be minimum numbers of people required to proceed and there is usually a charge, payable in advance. The advance payments are normally reimbursed in full if the members are unable to attend or the activity does not proceed, unless a non-refundable deposit has to be paid to reserve the event. The club attempts to break even on all special activities.
Tickets may be paid for either by cheque or by e-Transfer. Please see PAYMENTS-PROBUS PERTH.
Future Social Events
Some In Person and Virtual Events You May Enjoy
- September 15, 2022 ~ Dinner Theatre Event
Dinner at Fiddleheads, 53 Herriott St, Perth at 5:00pm. Reservations for a maximum of 20 people have been made. The play is
"Art" at the Studio Theatre 63 Gore St E, Perth at 7:30pm.
Please pay $19 per ticket for the play by e-transfer to Probus Perth or send a cheque to Probus Perth as indicated in
Sign up with Gail at email@example.com
- September 28, 2022 ~ Wheelers' Pancake House and Museum at 11:45
Come for lunch at Wheelers' Pancake House, 1001 Highland Line, McDonalds Corners. Reservations made for 30 people.
Sign up with Gail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 11, 2022 ~ Community Musical Theatre (PPAC) “Anne of Green Gables”
The Social team will organize a dinner and theatre for 30 people. More information coming soon.
December 9, 2022 ~ Probus Club Christmas Party
We are very excited to announce that we have a Christmas Party planned for you at the The Stone Cellar Loft, 71 Gore St. E., Perth on Friday, December 9th at 6 p.m.
We will have live music for listening and dancing. To cover the cost of the music and a dedicated
cash bar, each person will pay a $10 surcharge. This will be added to your meal when ordering.
The evening will start with drinks from our own bar upstairs followed by dinner, fun prizes (including a Gift Certificate from Stone Cellar), and music. The party will end at approximately 10 p.m.
or last call at the bar. If you wish to donate a gift, please let Mary know (email@example.com or 613-264-0024).
Lindsay Mason, owner of The Stone Cellar, has put a lot of thought into creating a meal that should please everyone. We need a minimum of 20 couples to make this evening happen,
but there will be seating for up to 80 people.
Please see the attached Menu to fill out your order.
- In addition, the Probian usually has a list of virtual and in-person events that may be of interest to members.
Previously Enjoyed Social Events
Note: Many planned events for 2020-21 had to be cancelled because of COVID.
- September 1, 2022 ~ Lunch at the Tangled Garden at 11:45am ~ CANCELLED
- August 5, 2022 ~ Winery & Vineyard Lunch at Scheuermann at 11:30am
Reservations made for 30 people.
- July 6, 2022 ~ Lunch in Stewart Park at 11:30am
Participants were asked to bring their own lunch and lawn chair. Located beside the Tay River, across from the Crain Homestead, behind the Erwin Mall.
- June 29, 2022 ~ Lunch and Theatre in Gananoque
Lunch at Muskie Jake’s
at 11:30am - 550 Stone Street South, in the Gananoque Inn and Theatre.
“The Perfect Wedding” by Robin Hawdon at the Thousand Island Playhouse
50 tickets have been reserved at $37 - 6 are handicapped.
- June 14, 2022 ~ Lunch on the patio
at “The Lockmaster’s Taphouse & Patio” overlooking the falls. 32 Beckwith St S, Smiths Falls.
- May 26, 2022 ~ An Evening of Dinner and Theatre in Perth!
Dinner at Michael’s Table, 110 Gore Street East, Perth at 5 p.m.
The play, “This Year, Next Year” by Norah Harding is presented by Studio Theatre, 63 Gore Street East. Curtain time 7:30 p.m. Tickets $19. Purchased at Tickets Please!
- May 16, 2022 ~ Probian Luncheon at Gather
Meeting at Gather, 40 Gore STreet East, Perth at 11:15am
- April 28, 2022 ~ An Evening of Dinner and Theater in Smiths Falls
Dinner att the Vault and Norm Foster's play "Halfway There" at the Station Theatre
- January 18-24, 2022 ~ Thousand Island Playhouse -2021 Season
View from home all four productions from Thousand Island Playhouse
2021 Season for one week only, in return for a charitable donation.
Click here for details and to sign up to watch.
- December 10, 2021 ~ Christmas dinner at Maximilians
Christmas Dinner at Maximilian’s
Friday, December 10th at 6:00 pm
In the front, well ventilated room
Wear a mask, have proof of vaccination.
Reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org 613-264-0024
Draws for prizes
T'was a delicious dinner with the sound of happy conversations and laugher amongst Probians!
- October 12, 2021 ~ O'Reillly's Patio
Our social event planned for Tuesday, October 12th was rebooked due
to patio constraints at the Boulton House in Carleton Place. All interested
members joined Mary and Gail for lunch on O'Reilly's patio right here in Perth at 11:30 am on Tuesday, October 12th
for our final lunch of the fall.
(Covid protocols were in place.)
- September 29, 2021 ~ On the Rooftop at The Lockmaster’s Taphouse
Lunch was booked for 11:30am at the Lockmaster's Taphouse, located at 32 Beckwith Street South in Smiths Falls.
Covid protocols were in place.
- September 10, 2021 ~ On the Patio at The Cove
The Perth Probus Social Committee was pleased to host our first fall luncheon at the Cove on September 10th,
with Covid protocols in place. The Cove is located at 2 Bedford St, Westport.
- August 18, 2021 ~ Probus Perth Picnic In The Park
Probians were invited to an opportunity to socialise at Stewart Park near the river, to the right side of the path on August 18th at 11.00am. Participants brought chairs, sun protection and a lunch!
It was catch up time!
- July 22, 2021 ~ Great Canadian Rail Adventure webinar hosted by Via Rail and Travac Tours on our Great Canadian Rail Adventure.
Use this link to register for this informative webinar.
Contact Mary if you need the total email.
- At Home with Turpin's Trail ~ March 17, 2021 at 7pm
This was a virtual event.
- October 15, 2020: Probian Amble and Lunch
The Social Events Team is excited to offer another 2020 fall event. On Thursday, October
15th (originally booked for October 8th), you are invited to participate in an easy fall amble. This circuit starts at the Crystal Palace at 10:45 a.m., heads over to Last Duel Park, along the Tay River and through beautiful fall colours as we make our way over to Michael’s Table Patio in time for lunch. The walk is about an hour in length. It can be done on its own or in combination with the lunch.
Lunch will be served on the patio at Michael’s Table at 12 noon. A maximum seating of 18 is available. Seating will be at tables of 2, consistent with our COVID distancing guidelines. Please sign up for this event with Gail Read at email@example.com
by October 9th as we are looking to book the entire patio at Michael’s Table.
See change of date notice
- September 24th: Patio Dinner
Dine out with fellow Probians at Michael’s Table or Maximilian’s at 5:30 p.m. Participants were asked to select their preferred choice of restaurant and the organizers tried to accommodate as many as possible on these two respective patios, with a total capacity of approximately 20 couples. People were placed at tables of 2 unless informed otherwise, as organizers were working on a household or bubble seating basis. Masks were requested to be worn when not seated at the table.
- September 23rd at 10 a.m.: Mapleview Golf Club ~ 2856 Scotchline Road, Perth K7H 3C5
Thanks go to Clive Addy for organising this event, which was open to a total of 16 ladies and gentleman from Probus Perth. Clive and Gardie Church took the first tee-off at 10 a.m. Tee-offs at 10 minute intervals for 4 groups of 4. A “Captain” from each group of 4 was asked to respond as the contact, providing their contact information and the names of their golfers.
- September 8th at 12 noon: Lunch at Scheuermann Vineyard and Winery
(Website and address: 82 Bedford St., Westport, ON K0G 1X0) Enjoy a pizza and salad lunch. Wine available by the glass or craft beer as well. There was a good selection of seating under an open tent or an umbrella for small groupings and a total of 36 participants!
- February 27, 2020 ~ Dinner Theatre Event. Dinner at
Fiddleheads, 53 Herriott St, at 5pm, followed by Studio Theatre’s presentation of "Marion Bridge". Tickets on sale at the January and February meetings, at $17 each.
- January 25, 2020 ~ Robbie Burns Dinner/Dance at the Perth Legion. Drinks at 6, programme at 6.45, dinner at 7. Tickets $30/person.
- February 12, 2020 ~ Tour of Lanark Lifestyles retirement community, at 240 Gore Street East. Meet at 1:00pm.
- January 18 2020 ~ Hockey game at the Canadian Tire Centre in partnership with the Retired Teachers of Ontario for a late afternoon hockey game between the Ottawa Senators and the Calgary Flames at 4pm. Tickets $40 each including Big Mac, Fries & Drink coupon. Bus costs $10 per person (you do not need to take the bus). Tickets available at the December meeting only.
- January 8, 2020 ~ Lunch after the January meeting provided by the Legion Ladies. Lasagne or wraps, dessert, tea or coffee: $10. Tickets available at the December meeting only. At this lunch we recognised the latest members of our "Over 90's club". Following lunch, we joined friends across the road at the Weatherhead Brewery at 1:30 p.m. for a social tasting.
For a complete list of Special Events from the club's inception in 1996 to the end of 2019: