The Special Activities that take place throughout the year are the herbs and spices of the Probus Perth menu. They add zest to the program and help to bring members together in pursuit of common interests and friendship.
We have been exceptionally fortunate to have had such interesting activities over the years.
For all events, priority is given to members and their guests. If there is room, members of other Probus Clubs are welcome to attend. For some events there may be minimum numbers of people required to proceed and there is usually a charge, payable in advance. The advance payments are normally reimbursed in full if the members are unable to attend or the activity does not proceed, unless a non-refundable deposit has to be paid to reserve the event. The club attempts to break even on all special activities.
Future Special Activities
- September 30, 2017 ~ Fall Trip to Oktoberfest in
Ladysmith, Quebec – Transportation and Admission- $50 each. Bus leaves
The Factory Parking Lot on Sunset Blvd at 7:30 AM and returns
approximately at 8:00 PM. The bus is now full. Check out
www.ladysmithoktoberfest.ca/ for more details.
- November 2, 2017 ~ Dinner / Theatre Event ~ Dinner will be at Michael’s Table, 110 Gore St. E. at 5: PM. Theatre will be at 7:30 at The Studio Theatre to attend a YAK fundraiser- The Marvelous Wonderettes, with tickets being sold at the September anbd October meetings for $30. For more details on meal choices and the play please consult the
- December 14, 2017 ~ Save the date for the Annual Christmas Dinner/Dance.
Recent Previously Enjoyed Special Events
- June 7, 2017 ~ Lunch at the Legion following the Probus meeting. The cost was $10, with a choice of lasagna and Caesar salad or wraps and veggies, dessert and tea/coffee.
- May 31, 2017 – “BOOM” – the explosive story of a generation shaped by the Baby Boom generation from 1945-1969, at the 1000 Island Playhouse”, 185 South Street in Gananoque. Lunch at the Old English Pub, 124 King St. East, Ganonoque, at 12 pm. Theatre tickets distributed then. Those not attending lunch should meet Mary Kilgour in the lobby of the Playhouse at 2 pm to receive your tickets. Map
- May 9, 2017 ~ Probus Club of Western Ottawa's Spring Fling in Kempville ~ see http://www.probuswesternottawa.ca/springfling/ for further details
- April 27, 2017 -
Tour of Top Shelf Distillers - 14 Warren Cres. Perth (Industrial Park- Rogers Rd. down past the Firehall). This tour, started at 1:30pm, with information and free tasting.
- March 30, 2017 - Dinner/Theatre at Studio Theatre- “Wrong For Each Other” by Norm Foster. Dinner at
Maximillians at 5:00 PM followed by the theatre at 7:30.
- January 21, 2017 - Robbie Burns Dinner & Dance at the Perth Legion.
- January 4, 2017 - Lunch at the Legion after the meeting to start
the new year off. Lunch of Lasagna and Caesar Salad OR Wraps with veggies, dessert tea & coffee,
all at a cost of $10 per person.
- December 2 – This year's Christmas Dinner/ Dance was held at the Lion’s Club Hall, Perth. A roast beef dinner that included a salad course as well as homemade pies for dessert, catered by the Lionesses. Social time with hors d'oeuvres and cocktails started at 6 pm, followed by dinner, gifts and dancing. Music was again by "Touch of Class"
which is described as 'A selfcontained tribute to the 50/60/70's featuring
multiinstrumentalist Simon Clark, ex-"Freddie and the Dreamers'. 90 people
attended the event and plans are being made to hold our 2017 Christmas party at
the same location with the same great music.
- November 4 - Dinner / Theatre Event ~ Mary made a
reservation for Probus Members to attend the 7:30 presentation of
“Death and Taxes”,
the Musical by David Jacklin, at the Mason Auditorium (P&DCI), 13 Victoria
Street Perth, following dinner at East Meets West Restaurant, 40 Foster Street.
Theatre Tickets were $18 each and were given out at
the November 2nd meeting. Dinner was at 5:00 PM. There was a choice of 5
- September 30 – Bus trip to see Lost Villages of the St. Lawrence (3
km east of Long Sault ~ map) Bus: Perth pick up at 7:45 a.m. at The Factory parking lot on Christie Lake Road - Park at front of the lot; Smiths Falls pick up at 8:20 a.m. at The Food Basic end of the mall. The trip includes a guided tour and a visit to the Lost Village outdoor Museum, lunch at
McIntosh Inn ( one of the best in the area) then the new
Brockville Aquatarium. Price is. $95.00, taxes and gratuities included. There was a coffee stop on the way with juice and a snack at the museum. The price is based on 40 passengers, with a maximum of 54.
- June 1 – A celebration of our 20th Anniversary at the
special meeting and luncheon held at 10:30 a.m. in the Timber Run Golf Course club house.
Dr.Sandra Taylor spoke about “Medical Ethics”, the Rideau Melodears entertained
and there was a great buffet lunch. Tickets were $25 each for lunch and coffee during the meeting. A round of golf in the afternoon
could be played by those interested (9 holes/cart - $20; 18 holes/cart -$39). Thanks to the Anniversary Committee for all of their work on this event.
- May 25 – Our popular annual trip to the 1000 Island Playhouse in Gananoque, this year to see “A Closer Walk With Patsy Cline”. Tickets
were $28 each payable in advance. Lunch at the
Riva Italian Restaurant, 45 King Street West Gananoque, at 12 noon.
- April 22 – A tour of the Perth Campus of Algonquin College starting at 10.00 am in the College front foyer.
- March 31 – A dinner – theatre event. Dinner at
Maximillian’s, 99 Gore St. E, Perth,
at 5:30pm, followed by
“Self Help” at the Studio Theatre
at 8:00pm. Self Help is described as a “sensational rollicking farce” by Norm Foster and directed by David Parry. Theatre tickets are $17 each.
- January 23 - Robbie Burns Dinner & Dance, Perth Legion.
- January 6 – Lunch at the Legion after the meeting to start 2016 off right. Lunch of Lasagna and Caesar salad OR Wraps and veggies, dessert tea & coffee at a cost of $10 per person.
For a complete list of Special Events from the club's inception in 1996 to 2015, please click here.